Your new Hammonds fitted furniture has the benefit of a manufacturer’s guarantee which covers the failure of materials purchased for 10 years.
Your guarantee will commence 7 days after the completion of your installation and only if you do not owe us any money under the contract.
Once your fitter has reported that your installation is complete, you have 7 days to check over your furniture to ensure you are happy with everything and to contact us regarding any concerns you may have. Any issues reported after these 7 days will be accessed under the guarantee terms and once your balance has been settled under the terms of your contract.
The Guarantee is subject to the following conditions:
• The furniture has been installed by Hammonds in the U.K.
• You have properly cared for and used the goods and followed any instructions provided by us, particularly in the case of gloss and high sheen furniture.
• The furniture has been used for normal domestic purposes only.
• The guarantee is personal to you and is not transferable.
• The furniture has not been altered, or interfered with, by any other persons not authorised to do so by Hammonds.
• Any repair work must be undertaken by Hammonds or our appointed agent. This does not include the fitting/replacement of the items listed below which are not covered under our guarantee.
• Any parts removed during repair works that are subsequently replaced become the property of Hammonds.
The guarantee does not cover:
• Any damage caused by wear and tear.
• Natural wear and tear.
• Natural colour fading caused by prolonged exposure to direct sunlight.
• Movement of wardrobe infill or worktop caused by natural movement of the house’s structure for installations over 30 days old. This also includes settlement of furniture if fitted on top of carpet.
• Fitting of any small item replacements, for example, handles, hanging rails, etc.
• Electrical and light fittings, bulbs mirrors and glass.
• Door and drawer adjustments and caulking, refitting of drawers removed from drawer runners. • Accidental damage caused as a result of an unexpected and non-deliberate action.
• If the furniture is required to be removed from the room’s structure the guarantee does not cover re-decoration or damage to flooring. This will be the responsibility of the consumer to make good.
• All consumables required to replace faulty parts will be charged for; these include, but are not limited to, screws, filler, brackets, etc.
• Any fitting issues reported outside of 30 days from original installation date
Please note: We shall at our discretion repair, replace or reinstall parts as required. Due to natural colour fading on your existing furniture there may be a slight colour variation in any items replaced which is out of Hammonds’ control.
Hammonds also offer an aftercare service. For a cost of £230 per room/visit, a Hammonds’ fitter can carry out any of the following work for you
a All door and drawer adjustments.
b Replacement of any caulking required.
c Replacement of small items such as shelf pegs, hanging rails or hinge cases.
d Repair of accidental damage (parts are subject to an additional charge)
Making a Claim
All claims will be subject to the correct Guarantee Form being completed and sent electronically to our Guarantee Department via our Online Customer Portal.
Your log in details will be provided within your Guarantee Claim pack which would have been emailed to you upon completion of your installation. Should you need these sending out to you again please contact our Guarantee Team. The Guarantee Claim Pack includes:
• Customer Portal log in details
• Your Hammonds Guarantee Policy
• Instructions of how to carry out various adjustments on your Hammonds Furniture that are not covered under your guarantee
Photographic evidence of the issue must be provided to allow Hammonds to confirm the claim is covered under the guarantee. Should you be unable to provide photos, a £100 non-refundable call out charge will be payable to Hammonds.
Should an inspection be required to access the validity of a claim, a £100 call out charge will be payable to Hammonds. Hammonds will confirm the validity of any claim within 7 working days and should the claim be deemed as valid, the £100 call out charge will be refunded.
Hammonds will aim to rectify all valid claims within 45 days of receipt of the Guarantee Form. Should you have any further queries regarding your claim, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Hammonds Furniture Limited, Nutts Lane, Hinckley, Leicestershire LE10 3QQ
AS A CONSUMER YOU HAVE STATUTORY PROTECTION REGARDING FAULTY OR MISDESCRIBED GOODS OR INADEQUATE SERVICES SUCH AS INSTALLATION. THESE TERMS DO NOT AFFECT THOSE RIGHTS.
26th December 2014.
Interior design ideas and
space creating solutions
The best craftsmen measure twice
and cut once.
Our qualified team will take care
of every detail.
Our designer will visit at a time to suit you; go through colours, styles and see your dream room come to life in 3D.Book a design visit
The best way to experience our furniture is to see it for yourself in one of our showrooms.Find nearest store