The sausages and burgers don't always need to take centre stage, try this veggie recipe, pop it on the barbecue for 10 minutes and enjoy a creamy filled crunchy flatbread, recipe from Tesco realfood.
900g (2lb) frozen leaf spinach, defrosted
2 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 lemon, 1/2 zested and juiced, 1/2 cut into wedges
150g (5 1/4oz) lighter feta (or Greek salad cheese), crumbled
3 ripe tomatoes, chopped
1 tbsp chopped coriander
8 white tortilla wraps
gem lettuce, to serve
- Taking handfuls of spinach, squeeze out as much water as you can and pat dry on clean kitchen paper then finely chop.
- In a frying pan set over a medium heat, add half the oil and fry the onion, garlic and lemon zest for 10 minutes, until softened and lightly golden. Stir in the spinach and cook for 2 minutes until hot, then add the feta and remove from the heat. Mix well, season then set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the tomatoes and coriander and stir in 2 tsp lemon juice and the remaining oil; season to taste.
- Preheat the barbecue or a large griddle pan. Spread a wrap with a quarter of the spinach and feta mix and top with a second wrap, pressing down firmly. Cook on the hot barbecue or pan for 3-4 minutes each side, until charred and heated through. Repeat until you have 4 filled wraps.
- Slice the wraps into wedges and serve with the salsa, lettuce and lemon.
Source: Tesco Real Food