Terms and Conditions
1. When you place an order through https://www.hammonds-uk.com/my-account, and we accept it (as evidenced by us issuing you with an email order confirmation) or by signing an order, this forms a
legally binding agreement by which we agree to supply and fit the goods specified on your personalised quotation, and you agree to pay the total price specified on your personalised quotation and email order confirmation, subject to the terms set out below.
2. You acknowledge that you have carefully checked the floor plan and drawings in the personalised quotation and acknowledge that only the units and accessories specified on the drawings will be supplied by us.
3. You acknowledge that the drawings are not precise scale drawings and that we may make reasonable amendments to the dimensions. Variation of Drawings - in the survey process we aim to ensure that the goods you have ordered fit in your room. Occasionally there may be alterations to the original drawings which may result in the order value being amended. You will be notified of any amendments before you become responsible for them. PLEASE NOTE that any new drawing(s) you sign for will replace any you have already agreed and will become the drawing(s) we will deliver and fit to.
4. You agree to let our surveying department check the order to make sure that it is viable. In the unlikely event that our surveying department discovers that we cannot go ahead with this contract,
we shall tell you why, in writing within 21 days of you placing your order and at the same time we shall return to you the value of any deposit which you have paid and after that neither of us will have
any liability to the other.
** Before placing your order please read carefully these terms and ask our designer for an explanation of anything you do not fully understand.
"you" means the person placing the order (and if more than one, both or all of you: your obligations being as individuals and together);
"us" and "we" means Hammonds Furniture Limited;
"the goods" means the items specified on your personalised quotation;
"the site" means the place where the goods are to be fitted (as specified on your personalised quotation)
"the fitter" means the person we contract to fit the goods.
2. PLEASE READ THIS CONTRACT CAREFULLY AS WE WILL RELY ON THE TERMS SET OUT HERE AND NEITHER WE NOR YOU CAN ALTER THEM WITHOUT THE AGREEMENT OF THE OTHER.
3. We agree to supply and fit the goods at the site, unless it is stated otherwise on your personalised quotation. If the supply or fitting of the goods is delayed by any circumstances beyond our reasonable control, we will let you know and arrange an alternative date with you.
4. We cannot be held liable for delay or failure to complete the works caused by events beyond our reasonable control, in those cases we will complete the works as soon as reasonably possible.
5. If we have agreed with you to arrange for the goods to be fitted, the following applies:
i) you agree:
a) to make sure that the fitter has access to the site at reasonable times (between 8.30am and 6.30pm on weekdays excluding public holidays) or otherwise as agreed by you and us;
b) to make sure that any re-routing or installation of plumbing (including water, radiators, drainage, gas, sewage and the like), or electrics, removal of existing furniture and carpets have been carried
out to a good workman-like standard prior to the fitting date;
c) to make sure that the fitter can use the mains electricity supply from a standard 13A 240V socket free of charge, and that the supply is installed to the usual standards in force at the time;
d) that you will not make any material alterations in the rooms to be fitted, and that in particular you have not installed, relocated or removed any fixed items that you have not told us about before we
entered into the contract;
e) that you have permission to use any plans or drawings you supply to us;
f) to provide reasonable access to the room to be fitted (ladder access is not acceptable) to clear the room to provide sufficient working space for the fitter and co-operate in reducing health and safety risks to an acceptable level.
g) if you wish to cancel or postpone your fitting date within 21 working days of the due date, we will incur costs and any such cancellation or postponement may be subject to an admin and storage fee of £150.
ii) You confirm that you have told us of any particular features which you know about the site or its construction which may make the installation more difficult than we might reasonably expect. You
acknowledge that you have checked the walls are sound.
iii) You are advised not to decorate rooms (except the space where front frame furniture is to be installed) prior to installation to avoid minor incidental damage caused during installation.
6. Unless we have specifically mentioned otherwise, VAT has been included in all our fees and charges at the applicable rate.
7. i) We may make improvements to the specifications of the goods (or minor cosmetic changes) or their installation before completion of the installation. We will not make any significant changes without your agreement. Changes to the order after survey, if we agree to make at your request, will result in a charge of £150 for administration plus cost of the goods involved and possibly a delay in the planned fit date.
ii) All our products are of a satisfactory quality although as some are a natural product it can vary in grain or colour.
iii) As we use different boards for the facias and the carcasses in our Vinyl range, occasionally there is a slight colour variation, and depending on the type of lights that you have or the amount of natural
daylight in the room, this can become more visible.
iv) All our Wardrobe interiors are finished in Novanta Oakwood-effect interior.
v) For installation and safety purposes there may be a join in any material over 1,500mm.
8. i) As the goods are made to your specifications, the usual “cooling off” period under the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 does not apply. However, we do offer a cancellation period which will expire 14 days after the day on which you placed the order with us.
ii) If you wish to cancel, please inform us by writing to Hammonds Furniture Limited, Client Relations, Nutts Lane, Hinckley, Leicestershire, LE10 3QQ, calling us on 01455 623381 or e-mailing us at [email protected]) or via https://www.hammonds-uk.com/my-account/. You must inform us before the 14 day period described above expires.
iii) If you cancel this contract within the cancellation period, we will refund you in full within 14 working days (using the same payment method you used to make the payment), unless you requested a survey during the cancellation period and the survey was conducted prior to receipt of your notification of cancellation (when a charge of £250.00 will be retained by us).
9. If you ask to cancel the contract after expiry of the cancellation period (but before the goods have been delivered to you), a cancellation fee of 25% of your total order value will apply. Any payment that you have already made towards the cost of the goods (such as the deposit) will be credited towards this cancellation fee. If you have not yet paid at least 25% of the total order value, cancellation will be subject to you paying the remainder of the cancellation fee within 7 days of us notifying you of the accepted cancellation. If you have paid more than 25% of the total order value,
we will refund you the difference between what you have paid and the cancellation fee within 14 working days (using the same payment method you used to make the payment). The contract cannot
be cancelled once the goods have been delivered to you (except where there is something wrong with the goods and you have the right to reject them under consumer legislation).
10. The legal ownership of the goods will not pass to you until you have paid all of the money you owe us whether under this agreement or otherwise. You are responsible for the goods as soon as they are delivered to the site and we advise you to check your household insurance to ensure that you are covered.
11. This contract will end if you become bankrupt or otherwise insolvent, or make any arrangement with people you owe money to, in which case we will only carry out work we have started and which
has been paid for.
12. We guarantee goods, that we have supplied, against defects in manufacturing for 10 years (excludes StairSpace™) after the completion of the work - please see our website for details.
13. We guarantee StairSpace™ furniture, that we have supplied, against defects in manufacturing for 5 years after the completion of the work - please see our website for details.
14. If you are not entirely satisfied with your purchase please contact our Customer Service Centre via https://www.hammonds-uk.com/my-account/ , if you remain unhappy with our final response you may be able to refer your complaint to the Furniture and Home Improvement Ombudsman via https://www.fhio.org/.
AS A CONSUMER YOU HAVE STATUTORY PROTECTION REGARDING FAULTY OR MISDESCRIBED GOODS OR INADEQUATE SERVICES SUCH AS INSTALLATION. THESE TERMS DO NOT AFFECT THOSE RIGHTS.
15. This agreement is made under English law.
16. Payment Terms- unless you have taken up a Personal Finance Loan. Please visit https://www.hammonds-uk.com/my-account/ to make your payment.
25% of total price deposit with order.
65% of total price 15 working days before delivery.
10% of total price on the day of completion.
If the payment terms are not met the goods will not be sent to you. If you have not decided on the exact specification of the order prior to installation such as colour choice of upholstery, you must still comply with the payment terms agreed at the time of placing the order.
Registered office: Hammonds Furniture Limited, Nutts Lane, Hinckley, England, LE10 3QQ.
Registered in England No: 1320508.
To: Hammonds Furniture Limited.
E-mail: [email protected]
I/We* hereby give notice that I/We* cancel my/our* contract of sale of the following goods:
Ordered on [ ] and received on [ ].
Name of consumer(s):
Address of consumer(s):
Signature of consumer(s) (only if this form is notified on paper):
Your Hammonds Guarantee
Your new Hammonds fitted furniture has the benefit of a manufacturer’s guarantee which covers the failure of materials purchased for 10 years* from the date of installation.
The Guarantee is subject to the following conditions:
• The furniture has been installed by Hammonds in the U.K.
• You have properly cared for and used the goods and followed any instructions provided by us,particularly in the case of gloss and high sheen furniture.
• The furniture has been used for normal domestic purposes only.
• The guarantee is personal to you and is not transferable.
• The furniture has not been altered, or interfered with, by any other persons not authorised to do so by Hammonds.
• Any repair work must be undertaken by Hammonds or our appointed agent. This does not include the fitting/replacement of the items listed below which are not covered under our guarantee.
• Any parts removed during repair works that are subsequently replaced become the property of Hammonds.
The guarantee does not cover:
• Any damage caused by wear and tear.
• Natural wear and tear.
• Natural colour fading caused by prolonged exposure to direct sunlight.
• Movement of wardrobe infill or worktop caused by natural movement of the house’s structure for installations over 30 days old. This also includes settlement of furniture if fitted on top of carpet.
• Fitting of any small item replacements, for example, handles, hanging rails, etc.
• Electrical and light fittings, bulbs mirrors and glass.
• Door and drawer adjustments and caulking, refitting of drawers removed from drawer runners.
• Accidental damage caused as a result of an unexpected and non-deliberate action.
• If the furniture is required to be removed from the room’s structure the guarantee does not cover re-decoration or damage to flooring.
• All consumables required to replace faulty parts will be charged for; these include, but are not limited to, screws, filler, brackets, etc.
• Any fitting issues reported outside of 30 days from original installation date
Please note: We shall at our discretion repair, replace or reinstall parts as required. Due to natural colour fading on your existing furniture there may be a slight colour variation in any items replaced which is out of Hammonds’ control.
Hammonds also offer an aftercare service. For a cost of £250 per room/visit, a Hammonds’ fitter can carry out any of the following work for you:
a All door and drawer adjustments.
b Replacement of any caulking required.
c Replacement of small items such as shelf pegs, hanging rails or hinge cases.
d Repair of accidental damage (parts are subject to an additional charge)
Making a Claim
All claims will be subject to the correct Guarantee Form being completed and sent electronically to our Guarantee Department via our https://www.hammonds-uk.com/my-account.
Your log in details will be provided within your Guarantee Claim pack which would have been emailed to you upon completion of your installation. Should you need these sending out to you again
please contact our Guarantee Team.
The Guarantee Claim Pack includes:
• Customer Portal log in details
• Your Hammonds Guarantee Policy
• Instructions of how to carry out various adjustments on your Hammonds Furniture that are not covered under your guarantee
Photographic evidence of the issue must be provided to allow Hammonds to confirm the claim is covered under the guarantee. Should you be unable to provide photos, a £250 non-refundable call
out charge will be payable to Hammonds.
Should an inspection be required to access the validity of a claim, a £250 call out charge will be payable to Hammonds. Hammonds will confirm the validity of any claim within 7 working days and should the claim be deemed as valid, call out charge will be refunded.
Hammonds will aim to rectify all valid claims within 45 days of receipt of the Guarantee Form. Should you have any further queries regarding your claim, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Hammonds Furniture Limited, Nutts Lane, Hinckley, Leicestershire LE10 3QQ
AS A CONSUMER YOU HAVE STATUTORY PROTECTION REGARDING FAULTY OR MISDESCRIBED GOODS
OR INADEQUATE SERVICES SUCH AS INSTALLATION. THESE TERMS DO NOT AFFECT THOSE RIGHTS.
How we look after our customers - The Hammonds Way
It's really important to us that if you're not completely happy with out service you let us know, that way we can put it right. We do everything we can to make sure our customers get the best products and the best service possible, however, sometimes we may not get things right first time.
WE WANT TO:
- Make it easy for you to tell us what went wrong
- Give your complaint the attention it deserves
- Resolve your complaint fairly and without delay
- Make sure you are satisfied with how your complaint was handled
How to log a complaint
In order to reach a resolution as quickly as possible, in the first instance please contact us via either your MyAccount or the contact us form on our website.
This gives us the best opportunity to deal with your complaint not only in the quickest time but also with a quality response. This will ensure your complaint is logged and is directed to the correct department. We will assign an owner to deal with your complaint all the way through to resolution. The owner of your complaint will call you promptly. When we call if its not convenient, or you cant answer we will give you a direct number to return our call. We aim to resolve during the call or give you an agreed timescale.
How long will it take?
We will aim to resolve your complaint straight away but if we cant we will notify you within 5 business working days to tell you:
- Why we have not resolved your complaint
- Who is dealing with your complaint
- When we will contact you again
We will usually resolve your complaint quickly, but if it is complex it may take longer. We will keep you informed on a regular basis but if you need an update please call us on the number above and ask to speak to the person dealing with your complaint.
If we cannot reach agreement with you
If we can't agree a solution within eight weeks and your complaint relates to our credit brokerage service we will:
- Send a letter giving our reasons for the delay and an indication of when we expect to provide a final decision
- Issue our final decision letter with will explain our final position
Our aim is to resolve all credit brokerage related complaints internally. However, if after receiving our final decision letter or 8 weeks have passed you may have the right to refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS).
Financial Ombudsman Service
If you want the FOS to look into your complaint you must contact them within six months of the date of our final response letter.
Financial Ombudsman Service
Telephone: 0800 023 4567
Email: [email protected]
Further helpful information can be obtained from visiting their web site at: www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk
Rated on Trustpilot